YMCA Swim Lessons
Building Strong, Confident Swimmers
We are excited to be one of the first YMCA’s in the country to offer this new curriculum. As an aquatics leader, the Y has built a new swim lesson curriculum that will continue to nurture and build safe, strong swimmers. Please click on the link below to refer to the Lesson Selector for level descriptions and determining what level to register for.
- Standard Session Levels 1-6 (8 lessons):
$65 Members, $90 Non-Members
- Parent & Me – Water Discovery / Water Exploration (4 lessons):
$40 Members, $55 Non-Members
NOTE: Registration for a given session closes 1 week prior to the beginning of that lesson or when the rosters are full. There will be no refunds given for absenteeism or cancellations within 1 week of the lessons beginning.
All age groups are taught the same skills but divided according to their developmental milestones.
These lessons are designed to last 30 minutes.
2020 SUMMER SWIM LESSIONS
- MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY FOR TWO WEEK SESSIONS
- CHOOSE FROM: 4:OO PM / 4:40 PM / 5:20 PM
- LEVELS 1-3: Age 3-5 / LEVELS 1-6: Age 6-12
June 1 – 11
June 15 – 25
June 29 – July 9
July 13 – 23
July 27 – August 6
August 10 – 20
PARENT & ME SWIM LESSONS
- SATURDAYS, 10:00 – 10:30 AM
- Sesson: July 11 – August 1
- LEVELS A & B – PARENT & CHILD (6-36 months)
Swimmers Ages 5-12 years old
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
Swimmers Ages 3-5 years old
|A||B||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
The USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash initiative is a national child-focused water safety campaign, which aims to provide the opportunity for every child in America to learn to swim. Through Make a Splash, the USA Swimming Foundation partners with learn-to-swim providers and water safety advocates across the country to provide swimming lessons and educate children and their families on the importance of learning how to swim. The USA Swimming Foundation has invested millions of dollars to provide grants to qualified Local Partner learn-to-swim programs, to spread national awareness, and to bring together strategic partners to end drowning. To date, more than 2 million children have received the lifesaving gift of swim lessons through the USA Swimming Foundation Make a Splash Local Partner network, comprised of more than 600 qualified lesson providers across the nation. To learn more, visit: Make A Splash Foundation
Private Swimming Lessons/Aquatic Fitness Training
One-on-one swim instruction tailored to fit your individual needs and goals. One hour session are scheduled at your convenience.
- Single Private Lesson (1 person) $23 Members, $30 Non-Members
- Single Semi Private Lesson (2 person only) $28 Members, $35 Non-Members
- 6 Private Swim Lessons (1 person) $110 Members, $125 Non-Members
- 6 Semi Private Lessons (2 person only) $140 Members, $160 Non-Members
- 6 Private Lessons (Pre-K, 3-4 years old only – 30 minutes) $75 Members, $95 Non-Members
Adaptive Swimming Lessons
Through cooperation with Grand Forks Public School and East Grand Forks Public School Districts. We are able to provide opportunities for children with special needs to participant in basic swimming skills, fitness activities and games, pool entries/exits and water adjustment. Check with your child’s school for availability during school hours.
Call for Availability
For more information on any of the YMCA aquatic programs, please contact our Youth Development Director at 701-775-2586 or click here.