WILDERNESS CLUB SCHOOL AGE SUMMER CARE – completed kindergarten – 5th Grade
Each week is packed with kids learning new things and making friends. They will use the Growing Up WILD curriculum that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing UP WILD provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about nature and lifelong social and academic skills. They’ll enjoy the outdoors, pools, gyms, playgrounds, and more.
ATTENDING PARK DISTRICT ACTIVITIES
The YMCA provides transportation to Park Board activities at Apollo Field (tball and baseball), Scheels Sports Complex (softball), Kings Walk Golf Course (designated sessions), and YMCA swimming lessons (designated sessions).
Download Camp Information: camp info 2023 3
Weekly lesson plans incorporate a variety of activities that may include the following:
- Connect children to nature, math, language and literacy, healthy kids, spark creativity, scientific inquiring, respect for living things and safety
- Nutritious meals meet the nutritional needs of your child, according to CACFP guidelines
- Physical, indoor or outdoor games, team sports
- Encourage physical activity, develop and strengthen coordination skills, build self-esteem, promote leadership qualities, cooperation and teamwork
- Special small group or individual time for discussion, sharing, stories, and small group activities.