TRIATHLONS & SPECIAL EVENTS
Health and wellness are about getting out there, meeting people, participating in activities, and challenging ourselves. Events that everyone can participate in are a great way to get people together and challenge ourselves personally.
Altru Family YMCA 10th Annual Winter Indoor Triathlon
Saturday, March 6, 2021
Heat up your winter with an indoor adventure! Swim, bike and run/walk in the comfort of the indoors. You can seriously push yourself or take it at a slower pace, or somewhere in-between. This event is also a great first-time triathlon.
How does it work?
The race is conducted in waves of 5 people. You will be with the same wave (group) during all three events. Waves start every 25 minutes.
First, you will swim or walk laps in the pool for 15 minutes while a Y volunteer on-deck counts your laps. If you are not a strong swimmer that’s ok – you can use any stroke, kick with a kickboard, or water walk. Aqua belts are also available to use while training and during the event.
Next, you’ll go to the locker room and change (you’ll have about 15 minutes) and head to the treadmill and complete a 20-minute walk or run. A volunteer will be stationed in the Fitness Center to help with runners/walkers.
Finally, you will head down to the mini gym. You’ll ride as a group for 20 minutes, pedaling at the pace you feel comfortable with. Your mileage will be tracked on the bike’s computer and will be recorded.
Top finishers are decided by a percentage conversion of the total number of laps and miles per competitor.
- Ages: Adult / Youth (who are tall enough to ride the Keiser bikes – approximately 5’ or taller – and physically able to complete all three events).
- Pre-registrations will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Friday, March 5.
- Same-day registrations are possible if all heats are not filled.
- Race packets may be picked up at the Y customer service desk on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before race day.
- Early registrants may choose the wave/time preferred. We cannot guarantee any spots but we’ll try to accommodate you the best we can. We will also try to include you in a heat with a similar competitive level.
- A YMCA representative will call you with instructions a few days prior to race day to confirm your starting time and answer any questions you may have.
- For more information please call Adam Sorum at 701-775-2586.
Thanks to our major sponsor:
Additional sponsors: Scheels; Hugo’s; Altru Health System
We would also like to thank Jeff Bakke, Richard Dafoe and our volunteers from the Red River Track Team.
Tin Man Ironman Family Triathlon
YOU CAN DO AN INRONMAN! In 8 weeks or less, you can accumulate enough mileage to actually complete an INRONMAN Triathlon and say “I Did It!”. Categories include Adult, Youth and Family. Youth distances are adjusted. Log books are included and t-shirts are awarded when participants turn in their logs.
Adult Distances: Swim: 2.4 miles; Bicycle: 112 miles; Run/walk: 26.2 miles
Youth Distances: Vary by age groups (Tin Man 2020 Brochure)
Family: You’ll be completing a full Ironman (Adult Distances) as a family unit, keeping track of your activity on one log book.