BUILDING ESSENTIAL SKILLS & CONFIDENCE
Wednesdays • June 8, 15, 22, 29 • Girls & Boys • $30
Grades 3-4: 6:30-7:30 • Grades 5-6: 7:30-8:30
Contact: Justin Brunk / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Adam Sorum / email@example.com
The YMCA Basketball Academy’s mission is to grow athletes using the fundamentals and
details of the game. The main focus will be on the whole basketball player. No matter
the position. Dribbling, passing, shooting, defense, and rebounding are essential skills
at every level!
Coaching sessions are going to have an emphasis on growing in essential skills. In a high
energy and fun environment building confidence within all parts of basketball.
Breakdown of skills include:
• Ball handling and footwork.
• Shooting and shooting footwork.
• Passing, types of passes, passing on the move, and passing teammates open.
• Interior and perimeter scoring.
• Defensive movements and reads.
• Rebounding and finishing defensive possessions.
Basketball is a game of enthusiasm! We’ll build a foundation and understanding. Then
focus on speed, energy, and playing with pace.
Recommend equipment for basketball players are basketball shoes, shorts, and tee shirt.